Position: Counsellor, Intensive Treatment Services Reference #: ITS-0907-01
Hourly Rate: $29.11 – $35.99 Reports to: Clinical Supervisor / Manager
Location: Sault Ste. Marie Status: Permanent Full Time
Posting Date: September 8, 2023 Closing Date: September 15, 2023 @ 4:30 pm.
Intensive Treatment Clinicians use an Intensive Systemic Treatment Model to treat children and youth with complex mental health difficulties. Utilizing systemic strengths the therapists work to preserve natural family environments and, whenever required, work to reduce the need for out-of-home placement.
- Master of Social Work or Master of Arts in Counselling preferred
- Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences required
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers or College of Psychotherapists of Ontario in good standing is required
- Two years’ experience working in a related field preferred
- Equivalent combinations of training and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of family-based interventions, systems theory, child development and behaviour management.
- Knowledge of empirically-based treatment models.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a treatment team.
- Knowledge of pertinent legislation, such as The Child, Youth and Family Services Act, The Education Act, The Mental Health Act and the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
- Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and data MIS.
- Ability to provide services in both official languages (English/French) an asset.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License (minimum of Class G2 if under the age of 19, and Class G license if 19 and over), ability to travel, and use of a personal vehicle.
- Available to work flexible hours and across various settings (school, office, walk-in clinic, single therapy session).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the confidentiality of our clients and client information at all times as per agency policies and procedures.
- Work as a member of the Intensive Treatment Services team providing services to children/adolescents and their families throughout the community.
- Services provided are strength-based, solution-focused, and client-centred within the context of anti-oppressive practice.
- To possess a working knowledge of required legislation governing practice, specifically the Psychotherapy Act; also to fulfill the professional “Duty to Report” any suspected child abuse as required under the Child, Youth and Family Services Act.
- Develop individual and systemic treatment plans incorporating other community agents such as schools, physicians, courts, collateral agencies, etc.
- Work with clients directly in the home, school, peer and neighbourhood settings in which problems arise.
- Work in cooperation with the agency staff and community partners to ensure that client information is shared, and that the case plan is coordinated and supported in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide individual, family and group treatment / psycho-education services where applicable.
- Participate and successfully complete in an Intensive Systemic Therapy training program and regular training boosters.
- Participate in the weekly Intensive Treatment team peer supervision process.
- Ensure that daily reports, clinical recording, statistical information and other administrative requirements are accurately and promptly completed, and communicated to the appropriate sources.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation in EMHWare.
- Display a thorough understanding of and enthusiastic attitude toward Intensive Treatment Services.
- Take initiative to develop a personal professional development plan and participate in Service Planning.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor / Manager.
This position falls within the bargaining unit represented by the OPSEU.
Algoma Family Services (AFS) is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. AFS encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants that may require accommodation during the selection process are encouraged to notify HR when contacted for an interview.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME QUOTING FILE ITS-0907-01 to email@example.com