Position: Human Resources Associate
Hourly Rate: $26.62- $32.73
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Location: Sault Ste. Marie Status: Permanent FT, Non-Union
Hours per week: 35 hours per week Reference #: ADM-0720-01
Posting Date: July 20, 2023 Closing Date: Until filled
The Human Resources Associate will report to the Director, of Human Resources to work together to make Algoma Family Services the best place to work. The HR Associate will provide support to all employees by ensuring all HR processes and policies are easy to understand and easy to navigate. The candidate will coordinate all recruitment processes for positions and will be an active participant on the Equity, Inclusion and Diversity team.
This position will provide professional and administrative support to the leadership team and employees of Algoma Family Services. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, great organizational skills, and the desire to continuously improve.
• Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Human Resources preferred
• Possess or working towards Human Resources or Payroll designation preferred
• Certificate or Diploma in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion is an asset
• Ability to effectively communicate in both official languages (English/French) is an asset
• One-year experience in an administrative role
• Experience working as part of a Human Resources team is preferred.
• Familiarity with Collective Agreements and their interpretation is an asset
• Equivalent combinations of training and experience may be considered
• Knowledge required for this position is acquired through a combination of education (HR Certificate and Payroll Certificate) and progressive administrative/human resources/payroll experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Working knowledge and understanding of an organization’s Administrative policies and procedures, Collective Agreements, and related government legislative requirements (i.e. ESA, Canada Revenue, etc.) is required.
• Knowledge of employment and compensation systems, pay and benefits administration, policies/procedures, recruitment, staff orientation, and record maintenance is an asset
• Technologically savvy and skilled in the use of smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other work communication tools.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, Forms PowerPoint).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills highly developed interpersonal skills, high levels of tact and diplomacy, and excellent organizational skills.
• Requires good analytical skills to deal with and recommend resolutions to a variety of human resources/payroll management issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain confidentiality of all Human Resources, Payroll, Benefit, and Employee information
• Coordinates all recruiting activities across the organization. This includes participating in interviews, updating job descriptions and job postings, tracking candidates, organizing interviews, conducting reference checks, and creating job offers.
• Actively participates on the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee in the development and delivery of education, training, awareness, and events. Supports the committee to ensure that action items are completed for the progression towards goals to meet the mandate of the committee.
• Assists the Director, of Human Resources in preparing for union negotiations, grievances, and other correspondence.
• Coordinate all employee onboarding activities including asset management, workspace set up, creation of employee files, training, and orientation.
• Process and maintains the benefits information for staff. This includes coordinating all employee leaves and ensuring all necessary documentation is filled out properly and sent to the appropriate carrier.
• Works with employees and supervisors on Return to Work planning and accommodations.
• Ensures all employee information and Human Resources files remain up to date including step increases, contract dates, address changes, benefit eligibility, etc. Audits employee information to ensure accuracy.
• Create Human Resources reports, Seniority Lists, and analyzes data.
• Coordinates the Performance Reviews cycle and advises the leadership team on upcoming review dates for the annual review and probationary employees.
• Conduct research, update, and draft employee policies when required
• Coordinates the training activities across the organization and ensures training records are kept up to date. Tracks training progress and advises the leadership team of any issues.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of the organization’s orientation training and assists leaders with the orientation and onboarding of new employees
• Ensures all employee data is kept up to date in Ceridian Dayforce and with all benefit providers.
• Reviews monthly benefit invoices to ensure accuracy
• Ensures that the Director, of Human Resources, is kept informed of any issue or concern of a serious or potentially contentious nature that could result in an organizational impact.
• Provides administrative support and/or participates in various committees as required.
• Other duties as assigned
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO HUMAN RESOURCES QUOTING REFERENCE # ADM- 0720-01 TO email@example.com .
Algoma Family Services (AFS) is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. AFS encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants that may require accommodation during the selection process are encouraged to notify HR when contacted for an interview.