Position: Executive Assistant Hourly Rate: $49,276-$63,214
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Status: Permanent Full Time Non-Union Hours per week: 35 Hours per week
Reference #: ADM-0222-01
Posting Date: February 8, 2022 Closing Date: February 15, 2022
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant (EA) is a key member of the Leadership team at Algoma Family Services (AFS). Transcending traditional roles and perspectives, the EA is accountable for the effective, strategic and efficient coordination of the administrative functions of the Executive Office. Administrative functions include the coordination of meetings, consolidation of data to complete required reports; organization of schedules and communications, and support to the Leadership Team, Board of Directors and its committees, The EA manages with sensitivity confidential organizational information and provides advice based on business intelligence. The EA plays a strategic and tactical role in advancing the mission, vision and strategic priorities of AFS and serves as a model of our organizational values.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences or Business Administration or an Executive Office Administration Diploma
- A minimum of five years’ experience with specialized training and/or certification in LEAN, office administration, quality assurance, records management, communications and information technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both official languages (English/French) is an asset.
Applicants must possess:
- Highly developed customer service, conflict and complaint management skills.
- Advanced communication, presentation and engagement skills.
- Experience with knowledge of and demonstrated ability in:
- i. servant leadership and emotional intelligence is an asset.
ii. working as part of a highly effective team
iii. quality and continuous improvement programs including program evaluation
iv. budget development and management
v. accreditation standards and processes
- i. servant leadership and emotional intelligence is an asset.
- Excellent report-writing skills that reflect research, critical thinking and analysis.
- Superior troubleshooting skills and ability to capitalize on opportunities (service and organizational).
- A valid Ontario driver’s license with the ability to travel and use of personal insured vehicles for business purposes.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the CEO and within the context of the AFS strategic plan, related legislation, as well as agency policies and procedures, the EA will:
- Cultivate a culture of excellence, leadership and respect.
- Boldly develop the best in each of us.
1. Lead by example in inspiring hope and wellness while reflecting our organizational values.
2. Participate in the orientation of new Board Directors and provide any support required to the Board.
3. Maintain regular communication and provide business intelligence with the CEO.
4. Provide strategic advice based on business intelligence with the goal of ensuring the CEO has the right information at the right time.
5. Ensure the CEO is adequately briefed, organized and prepared for internal and external meetings.
6. Maintain and coordinate the CEO’s schedule, and manage communications, as required, with the CEO’s direct reports, funders and collateral service providers.
7. Establish and maintain professional relationships with AFS staff and with collateral service providers, recognizing and promoting teamwork.
8. Adhere to, and apply all, standards and regulations, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
9. Work with other Executive Assistant(s), when necessary, providing assistance to Leadership Team as required
10. Provide support to the Accreditation Team by compiling information and completing reports.
- Make it easier for people to access the right service at the right time.
11. Serve as a communications link, managing access to the CEO by direct reports, collateral service providers and the community:
- Respond to telephone and personal inquiries and requests by providing information regarding appointments, meeting schedules and general details concerning the organization, its programs, policies, projects and activities, while always exercising discretion and confidentiality.
- Provide information, clarify directions and instructions, and identify issues and opportunities requiring attention.
- Check the AFS General Mailbox and respond to priority items in a timely manner.
12. Attend meetings, as required or requested by the CEO and Leadership Team and manage information through the taking of minutes, preparation of agenda, development of presentations, setting up of telephone or web conferences.
i. Ensure any follow-up items from meetings are attended to.
13. Provide executive-level support to the Board of Directors by attending to matters, such as:
i. Minuting of Board Meetings/Committee Meetings;
ii. Filing of board materials; and,
iii. Responding to Board requests
14. Manage the confidential information from and to the CEO while maintaining the confidentiality and sensitivity of the information at all times, as per agency policies and procedures; as well as related legislation.
15. Possess a working knowledge of privacy legislation and provide advice to the CEO to ensure privacy requirements are met.
16. Ensure CEO reports and other administrative or ministry reports are accurately and promptly completed.\
i. Compile any and all information/data for reports and complete reports with the assistance of the Leadership team and AFS staff for the CEO to review.
ii. Proof-read all documentation created by the CEO
17. Coordinate and maintain a system for locating and controlling files, legal, policies, documents, regulations, standards of practice, reports and related correspondence.
18. Assist the CEO in the management and monitoring of, and attendance to, areas of operational and service risk.
19. Make travel arrangements for the CEO, Board Members, and Senior Leadership staff, as required.
- Reduce process that gets in the way of service
- Collaborate with our partners to streamline access to service
- courageously advocate for better service, flexible funding and simplified reporting
20. Provide advice on the development of policies and procedures to enhance/refine service delivery.
21. Manage the Policy Review Process to ensure that all policies are kept up to date and stored on the Intranet for easy retrieval. Archive old policies and ensures that all policies are updated/reviewed when required.
22. Serve as a liaison between the CEO and funders in the management of service reports and communications.
23. Participate in agency functions/activities/initiatives related to the enhancement of service delivery, cost-savings, revenue-generation and also streamlining of business and service processes.
- Share who we are, what we believe and how we help.
24. Participate in and/or lead agency initiatives that raise the profile of our services within and outside of the agency.
25. Serve to educate the community regarding the services of AFS, its vision and mission at every opportunity.
26. Assist the CEO in the development of any communications to be delivered to collateral service providers and/or the public. This includes:
i. Creation of PowerPoint presentations.
ii. Creation of initial draft of speeches.
27. Carry out and execute any other tasks or duties as assigned.
1. Physical Effort: Physical activity is limited. Some time spent in a comfortable sitting position with the opportunity to move about. Minimal out-of-office travel.
2. Physical Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. On occasion, travel within the District may place the EA in a less than the optimal physical environment.
3. Sensory Attention: A high level of concentration, attention and sensitivity to verbal interactions and written communication.
4. Working Environment: There are pressures to balance competing demands for the human, fiscal, program and physical resources. Some demand on personal time for evening and weekend activity specifically to attend to Board functions or sub-Committees of the Board. There is pressure for results with attention to deadlines, multi-tasking, setting priorities, and handling competing demands. There may be situations that require superior conflict resolution management skills, with the ability
to maintain composure under pressure, as well as problem-solving abilities.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO HUMAN RESOURCES QUOTING REFERENCE # ADM-0222-01 TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
Algoma Family Services (AFS) is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. AFS encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Applicants that may require accommodation during the selection process are encouraged to notify HR when contacted for an interview