Position: Engagement Support Worker Hourly Salary: $22.31-$27.48 hourly
Reports to: Community Services Supervisor / Manager Reference #: ADM-0308-01
Status: Full Time – 6 Month Contract Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posting Date: March 8, 2023 Closing Date: March 15, 2023 at 4:30 pm
Reporting to the Supervisor of Community Services and Strategic Initiatives, the Engagement Support worker will support the implementation and launch of the Youth Wellness Hub Virtual Pilot. The virtual platform will offer services for young people aged 12-25 years who require mental health, substance use, primary care, and other community and social support services. YWHO Virtual will provide a range of fully integrated, developmentally appropriate youth services, and will amplify the unique capacities of a virtual platform to deliver youth support and services in engaging and effective ways.
The Engagement Support worker will work alongside the Youth Wellness Hub team to support the launch of the In-Person hub and ensure the intersection of services between Virtual and In-Person. They will support the Family and Youth Advisory committee through communication, education and organization of meetings.
- College diploma in Child and Youth Care or Human Services
- 1-3 years experience working in mental health, human services or related field.
- Child and Youth Care Practitioner or Social Service Worker Diploma with two (2) years of experience working with children, youth, and families, or the equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of the organization, time management, networking, planning, and community capacity building.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a cross-section of community representatives including schools, collaterals, volunteers and other stakeholder groups;
- Knowledge of AFS programs and partner organizations;
- Experience working with and creating positive spaces for high-risk and marginalized youth using an anti-oppressive, inclusionary, and strength-based approach specifically with 2SLGBTQIA+, Indigenous and racialized youth.
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous peoples, culture, and healing practices.
- Possess a caring, kind and empathetic approach in the engagement of children, youth and their families in a manner consistent with the AFS vision and organizational values.
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently and accurately, with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in use of computers and a variety of software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Adobe, etc.).
- Knowledge of, and experience with, EMHware processes and data entry practices.
- Knowledge of AODA mandatory staff training, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding / compliance with confidentiality, PHIPA, AFS Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, participate in supervision; incorporate constructive feedback, attend meetings, complete assigned paper work with accuracy and on-time.
- Participation in the supervisory, peer consultation, quality assurance, program evaluation and accreditation processes.
- Pleasant manner and calm demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to provide services in both official languages (English/French) is an asset.
- Availability to work flexible hours this will include evenings and weekends.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License, ability to travel and use of a personal vehicle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Youth Wellness Hub Virtual Pilot
- Participation in co-design sessions of the platform.
- Actively participate in training provided by Youth Wellness Hub Ontario.
- Participation in capacity building and readiness activities related to the Virtual Youth Hub
- Provide information to the Youth Wellness Hub team and community partners on the progress of the Virtual Pilot.
- Develop and implement communications strategies to promote the Virtual Youth Hub.
- In collaboration with Youth Wellness Hub Coordinator and community partners develop a slate of virtual service offerings to be made available on the Virtual app.
Algoma Youth Wellness Hub
- Work alongside Youth Wellness Hub staff and community partners to welcome new youth and help them navigate services including explaining and assisting with the digital registration process.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining a safe, welcoming, non-judgmental and non-stigmatizing hub atmosphere.
- Work collaboratively with the Youth Wellness Hub team to provide supports to youth /young adults as it relates to mental health and addictions.
- Direct calls to appropriate staff, as required. Make calls as directed. Assistance with appointment scheduling as required.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of personal health information contained in Youth Wellness Hub files. Ensure files are well-organized and up-to-date filing systems (both electronic and hard copy), as required.
- Coordinate and prepare meetings, including: preparing agendas and minutes and assisting with meetings logistics, scheduling in-house meeting rooms, as required.
- Actively participate as a team member in conjunction with Agency staff, and in particular, with Youth Wellness Hub staff.
Family & Youth Engagement
- Work with the Family and Youth Engagement Coordinator to create ways to support and engage families/youth and help them to lend their voice to improve our services.
- Develop strategies for the recruitment and ongoing engagement of families to participate on committees and in family-driven events and activities.
- Develop surveys and analyze research to solicit opinions and feedback from AFS families.
- Provide communication and meeting support to the Family and Youth Advisory Committee (FYAC) including:
- Schedule of meeting dates, times and room bookings.
- Organization of agenda and minute taking
- Arrangement of snacks/meals.
- Analyze program data related to the Virtual Youth Wellness Hub platform and evaluate information to make services recommendations.
- Develop a communication plan and delivery of community presentations and other marketing strategies to communicate key messages about the Virtual Pilot to our community stakeholders.
- Provide broader support to Algoma Youth Wellness Hub to enhance program sustainability as required.
- Participate in the orientation of new staff, volunteers and students as required.
- Participate in special projects, from time to time, as required.
- Take initiative in developing a personal professional development plan.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
This position falls within the bargaining unit represented by the OPSEU.
Algoma Family Services (AFS) is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. AFS encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants that may require accommodation during the selection process are encouraged to notify HR when contacted for an interview.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ADM-0308-01