Position: Director of Services Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Reference #: ADM-1103-01 Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Status: Full Time Salaried/ Non-Union Rate: $90,071.80 – $112,585.20 annually
Posting Date: November 3, 2022 Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Services is responsible for overseeing the delivery of services to the children, youth, families and adults that we serve. This responsibility includes: monitoring access and wait times; reporting to Senior Leadership, Board of Directors, and funders; evaluating outcomes and impact of service; identifying opportunities for efficiencies, improving access and reducing wait times; addressing service gaps and working collaboratively with our partners to create an inclusive, integrated, responsive, and effective service system.
As a member of the AFS Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Services plays a crucial role in promoting our culture of care through the modelling of our organizational values and delivering on our mission, vision, and strategic objectives. The role is strategic and hands-on, implementing system and process improvements that support the organization’s growth and change strategy. The Director of Services will act as the Leadership Team’s trusted advisor and subject matter expert regarding Service and Clinical matters. Extraordinarily committed, the Director will also promote inclusive and culturally sensitive services from a client-centred, strength-based, trauma-informed, and solution-focused approach within an anti-oppressive practice context.
The Director of Services will work closely with the CEO and be designated to act on behalf of the CEO in their absence and/or upon request.
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in Social Work, Counselling or Psychology.
- Registration with the College of Social Work, Psychology or Psychotherapy.
- A minimum of five years of clinical experience in a leadership role specific to mental health and addiction services, preferably, in children’s mental health.
- A winning and driven attitude with an innovation mindset.
- Measured flexibility with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- A Servant Leadership approach.
- Advanced critical thinking skills, including excellent dispute resolution and crisis management skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong, clinical, innovative leadership as demonstrated through projects, programs, and practices.
- Committed to collaborative work as evidenced in the lead of projects, committees, and programs.
- Business acumen concerning budget management and financial oversight. Superior labour relationship and complaint management skills.
- Highly organized.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills to establish and maintain effective and respectful communication with agency staff, the Union, the Board of Directors, colleagues and the community.
- Proficient with technology and software such as MS Office Suite.
- Background in statistical analysis and research methodology
- .A satisfactory criminal records check, including a vulnerable person’s record check.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (English/French) is an asset.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Algoma Family Services strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community that it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply; although Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Interested applicants can send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Algoma Family Services is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
We thank everyone for their expression of interest—and are truly appreciative of the time individuals put into applying—but with the limitations of time only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org # ADM-1103-01