Status: Temporary / Casual Reports to: Community Services Supervisor
Location: Sault Ste. Marie Reference #: CBS-1006-01
Posting Date: October 6, 2023 Closing Date: until filled.
• Ability to play games, do crafts, sing songs, converse with children
• Availability to work flexible hours including evenings and occasional weekends
• Previous experience as child minder in a public setting (an asset)
• Completed recognized Babysitting Course (as asset)
• First Aid / CPR (an asset)
• Ability to provide services in both official languages (English/French) is an asset
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY:
1. Follow guidelines as provided by Algoma Family Services.
2. Ensures the safety and well-being of children in his/her care.
3. Be familiar with, and follow Algoma Family Services emergency procedures.
4. Notify Group Facilitator(s) of any concerns/situations regarding /involving children in his/her care
5. Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
6. Utilizes agency resources to plan and implement activities suitable for the
age (s) and abilities of the child/children being cared for.
7. Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
8. Co-operates with other staff.
9. Tidy and/ or clean areas and items used for child minding at end of each shift.
10. Participate in the supervisory, peer consultation processes, quality assurance, program evaluation and accreditation processes.
11. Assume other duties as assigned from time to time by the Manager or delegate
CHILD MINDING RATIO
1. 1 Child-minder for 5 children under 10 years of age
2. 1 Child-minder for 1 child aged 0-12 months
3. 1 Child-minder for 1 child with special needs
• It is an on-call as-needed basis, (morning, afternoon or evenings)
• Communication and acceptance of shifts will be sent by 0-6 Coordinator via text messaging and or email on file. Response is expected within a reasonable period.
• If childminder is unable to fulfil a shift previously committed to, reasonable notification to the 0-6 Coordinator is expected.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO HUMAN RESOURCES QUOTING FILE CBS-1006-01 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Algoma Family Services (AFS) encourages applications from all qualified candidates. AFS has a great record for accommodating persons with disabilities. Job candidates are encouraged to contact Human Resources, if they need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
This position falls within the bargaining unit represented by OPSEU.