Position: Administrative Assistant – Live in Care Services
Reports to: Supervisor Community Services & Strategic Initiatives
Location: Sault Ste. Marie Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hourly Rate: $21.05 – $25.91 hourly Reference #: ADM-1109-01
Posting Date: November 9, 2022 Closing Date: November 16, 2022 at 4:30 pm
Reporting to the Supervisor of Community Services and Strategic Initiatives and working in collaboration with the Supervisor of Live-In Care Services, the Administrative Assistant (AA) – Live-In Care plays a strategic and integral role in ensuring the efficient delivery of our services and programs. As well as in providing a safe, welcoming, and inclusive workplace.
The primary workplace will be at our Live-In Treatment program location at 631 Second Line West. However, the AA is part of the AFS AA team and will have a broader role in realizing the AFS vision and mission. Specifically, the AA will:
- Ensure the confidentiality and accuracy of Personal Health Information in AFS filing systems (electronic and hard copy), as required.
- Carry out day-to-day clerical functions to support services and programs at AFS, including word processing, copying, maintaining office supplies, data entry, assistance with appointment scheduling and providing backup to other AA and reception staff as required.
- Coordinate and prepare meetings, including agendas, minutes, and any meeting logistics such as arranging space or setting up virtual connections.
- Pick up and drop off supplies and mail from the main office at 205 McNabb Street, as required.
- Perform regular building inspections and liaise with the Supervisor, IT, and property staff regarding matters requiring attention
College diploma in Office Administration – Executive or equivalent
Two (2) years of office experience.
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently and accurately, with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in computer use and various software applications (e.g., Office 365, Client Information Management Systems, Cloud-based programs, etc.).
- Knowledge of, and experience with EMHware processes and data entry practices, is preferred.
- Knowledge of workplace legislation, including AODA, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and training in WHIMIS.
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy and confidentiality legislation such as PHIPA and provisions under the CYFSA.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational, and conflict management skills.
- Professional presentation when dealing with the public and staff.
- Training in cultural competence and areas of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Ability to take meeting minutes accurately and efficiently.
- The ability to provide services in both official languages (English/French) is considered an asset.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends, if required.
- A satisfactory criminal records check, including a vulnerable person’s record check.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- The ability to communicate in both official languages (English/French) is an asset.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the confidentiality and privacy of clients, staff, and their information at all times as per agency policies and procedures and related legislation as a Health Information Custodian.
- Ensure files are well-organized and up-to-date filing systems (both electronic and hard copy), as required.
- Carry out day-to-day clerical functions, as required, to support AFS services and programs such as typing, faxing and photocopying; maintaining office supplies, data entry, maintaining files, and providing backup to other support and reception staff as required.
- Participate in the rotation of reception coverage for lunch and breaks.
- Monitor and maintain the inventory for office supplies and materials at the Youth Centre.
- Order supplies and materials as necessary.
- Conduct facility inspections of the Youth Centre.
- Report any identified issues or concerns to the AFS Property Coordinator and Supervisor, Live-In Care Services
- Participate in the AFS Health and Safety Committee as required.
- Communication and appointment management.
- Direct calls to appropriate staff, as required.
- Make calls as directed.
- Assistance with appointment scheduling as required.
- Ensure necessary documentation and materials are prepared and forwarded in a timely fashion to Reception for Canada Post or Purolator delivery.
- Coordinate and prepare meetings, including preparing agendas and minutes and assisting with meetings logistics, scheduling in-house meeting rooms, as required
- Actively participate as a team member with Agency staff, particularly with fellow Administrative Assistant Staff.
- Liaise with the Supervisor, IT and Property staff regarding building-related issues.
- Perform regular worksite inspections to identify needed maintenance and repairs.
- Collaborate with the Finance and Administrative Team to ensure the timely receipt and payment of invoices.
- Contribute to evaluating our programs, services, and staffing as required.
- Confirm that cleaning, lawn care and snow removal are completed as per AFS contracts with local contractors.
- Participate in cross-training with fellow Administrative Assistant staff to support coverage across programs and services.
- Participate in special projects from time to time, as required.
- Take initiative in developing a personal professional development plan.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
This position falls within the bargaining unit represented by the OPSEU.
Algoma Family Services (AFS) is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. AFS encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants that may require accommodation during the selection process are encouraged to notify HR when contacted for an interview.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO email@example.com # ADM-1109-02